Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Third day of Creativity in 15 day challenge

Today we looked at how time can affect our creativity. How if we have the pressure of time often we come up with a rushed job and just kind of come up with what we have always come up with or expected but given more time we can all become creative and have time to come up with different ideas.
First we watched this You Tube clip.
Then Mrs Head gave us 10 seconds to draw a picture of whatever we choose (but if we couldn't think of something we had to draw a flower). Then she gave us 10 minutes to start our picture from scratch. Have a look at the difference between 10 seconds and 10 minutes.
Creativity vs Time on PhotoPeach
We all agreed that;
We need time to make changes and be creative.
We are more creative if we don't have the pressure of time to think about.

Here were some of our other thoughts...

"With the ten seconds it felt like a rush and I don't like doing a rushed job and having it messy." -Rico
"I liked having ten minutes because it was longer and we could draw a better picture." -Jono
"I didn't like ten seconds because it looked really messy." -Eva
"It was frustrating having ten seconds because it wasn't long enough for drawing the pictures in our mind." -Kayley
"I felt challenged because ten seconds wasn't a lot of time to get what you want done." -Ella
"With ten minutes I had five minutes to think and five minutes to draw." -Matthew
"Ten seconds was frustrating and challenging because you can't get what you want done."-Taylor
"I liked ten minutes because it gave us some more time to finish." -Maea
"I found that ten seconds was hard because I only got to draw the base of the car but with ten minutes I got to add more to my picture."-Jayme
"All I got done was a line in the ten seconds." -Jono
"I think that ten seconds isn't enough time to be creative." -Alex
"I like the ten minute side because you get to add more detail and thinking to your picture."-Gemma

Mrs Head then asked us if we could think of a time when we weren't happy with our final work because we hadn't had enough time to be as creative as we wanted. Here are a few of our thoughts.


Have you had a time when you have wanted to be more creative but because of time haven't been as happy with your end result?

No comments:

Post a Comment